Sunday, August 11, 2013

Welcome!

Andrew DeMaris
Helen S. Dunn School
129 Military Road
Greenbush, ME 04418-3134
(207) 826-2000 ext. 225
ademaris@hsdgreenbush.org
MrDeMaris.blogspot.com

September 3, 2013

Dear Parents/Guardians:

My name is Andrew DeMaris, and I have recently accepted the position of English Language Arts and 8th Grade Social Studies teacher at the Helen S. Dunn School.  I am very excited about this opportunity to teach your students, and look forward to meeting and getting to know each and every one of them over the coming school year.  As I am new to the district, I want to introduce myself and let you know a little about me.

I graduated from the University of Maine in 2011 with two degrees, one in Education and one in History.  Recently, I have completed all my coursework for a Master’s in History as well, and hope to finish my thesis soon.  I love to read old books, and hope to share my love for good writing and interesting history with my classes here at Helen S. Dunn School.  I got married in August 2011 to my lovely wife Alise, who is studying to be a speech therapist at the University of Maine.  She and I live in Old Town.  I have lived in Maine, Connecticut, and Washington state at various points in my life, and after experiences with 1,800-student city schools, I enjoy the idea of working with such a close-knit community and school system.

I like to communicate often with parents and students.  I have created a website where I will post updates on classes and activities, including any letters like this that I send out.  You can find all my contact information above, including the school phone number and my email address.  I check email daily, and will gladly return phone calls if you would like to talk.  I will be sending home information on class assignments with students once school starts; if you have any questions about their coursework or homework, please feel free to contact me.

I am looking forward to a great year!

Sincerely,




Andrew DeMaris

4 comments: