Tuesday, March 11, 2014

Pizza Rolls

     Nicole and Jasmine wrote a clever poem about their favorite snack today, and they insist they will now write a whole series on microwaved food.  The eighth grade is studying how poetry sometimes ignores standard conventions of written English, and often comments on obscure aspects of life.  Here is their first ode to nuked goodness,

Pizza Rolls

Pizza Rolls are very hot,
I like them a lot.
They make me super happy,
They make me want to clappy.
The first bite is like lava,
It starts so much drama.
Sauce, Cheese, Pepperoni, and Dough,
That’s like heaven, you know.
They make you fat,
But I’m okay with that.
Five minutes to go,
Time is ticking slow.
They are my life,
I will ask them to be my wife.
They are my favorite food,
Even if they’re already chewed.
That’s actually so gross,
I think I want some toast.
No, never mind; they’re still my love,
I almost lost them to a dove.
Everyone at the end of the line,
They’re all mine!
Fifteen rolls in a box,
Everyone loves them, even a fox.
They make you better when you’re sick,
It makes me want to post a pic.
They are my best friend,
Forever till the end.
They’re great!
Almost better than Frosted Flakes.
Do-do-de-do-do-dum
They are yummy in my tum.
So gooey on the inside,
I literally almost cried.
My stomach is hollow,
Chew, Chew, and Swallow.
You can share them or not,
Hmm, I’d rather not.
They’re almost gone.
That’s a con.
I’m so full of cr—,
I think I need a nap.

No comments:

Post a Comment